The Australian International Movie Convention (AIMC)
Hosted annually by NACO (National Association of Cinema Operators-Australasia), the AIMC remains the only event on the Australian film industry calendar to provide opportunities to network with local and international colleagues from Cinema Exhibition, Distribution, Production, and Technology & Cinema Equipment Suppliers under one roof. Attracting delegates from Australia, New Zealand, Asia, the US and Europe, AIMC provides an invaluable opportunity to preview upcoming product from major and independent studios; learn about local and international trends from guest presenters; discuss latest technologies and cinema fit-outs with trade exhibitors; and network with colleagues and senior industry executives.
- Invest in the future of your business
- Preview major upcoming studio and independent feature films
- Watch local and international product reels of upcoming releases
- Join stars, filmmakers and industry leaders at gala dinners and functions
- Learn about cinema innovations and products at the AIMC trade show
- Hear about current issues facing our industry
- Network with top industry executives
The Australian International Movie Convention has been hosted by the Motion Picture Exhibitors’ Association of Queensland (Inc.) (MPEAQ) for 65 years. This association’s membership has been based purely within Queensland. At a Special General Meeting on 2 March 2011, members agreed to extend to national membership, and to reflect the new status, agreed to change the name to the National Association of Cinema Operators-Australasia (NACO).
As a reflection of the national status, the Board now incorporates senior executive members from both major national operators as well as independent cinema operators, and from each state of Australia.
For more information visit our website naco.asn.au